Thursday, April 26, 2007

Kaimana and paganello

Long time, no post. Mainly because there hasn't been much to post about lately.

Idris hit on Kaimana. Great tourney. Lost in the finals to Ono. Not much of a fun finals as they played zone the whole game. As he alluded too, great strategy on their part as they couldn't hang with us otherwise. Also made for a pretty boring game as we tend to like to make it exciting...though some would consider me the antithesis of exctiting. Anyways, congrats to Ono...

Paganello...this was my eighth year going, having won 5 of 7 and last year. We had a hard pool pretty much all the way. We got to play Chicago Scandal in the Q's, which is always a good team, and picking up Sammy CK didn't hurt. We played well and made it through the Q's pretty easily.

Up next was Sexxxpensive in the semi's, against my Revolver teammate Rocky Beach (great name for the tourney). We expected a better game from them, and I know they were disappointed at their performance. That being said, we were rolling...and I don't think it would have mattered who we played that day.

Side note. Finally met Siegs (sp). Thoughts...well...he'll probably read this so...I think he still owes me 20...can't quite remember. Either way, i'll collect. :)

So, we played UTI in the finals. UTI was a former UKish team. This year however, they had a few Swiss guys (Lorenz of Condors), a couple french (Fass and Nas), a couple Boston (Seigs, and??)...so they were more of a pickup team. A damn good pickup team at that.

Unfortunately, we started off pretty flat and our O was not as fluid as we were the previous day. Maybe it was the D, maybe not...I tend to think we just threw it away. But they played great O and made us pay for our mistakes. They ended up winning by a few, and we never really were able to make a comback after our bad start. Congrats to all of UTI, game well played.

So...now....what's next...not sure...

3 Comments:

Blogger Seigs said...

I *owe* you nada.

You were pretty drunk that night, so let me refresh your memory.

You came up to me on the dance floor and starting heckling me for not nursing a drink like you. I told you I was out of euros and didn't feel like trudging over to the main square to get more. You said, "No worries, I love buying other people drinks, here," and handed me a 20, which I promptly used to buy myself and 3 Italian girls some social lubricant to help us past the language barrier.

I'll get you back, but only because that's how I roll, not because I owe you.

8:45 AM  
Blogger $ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:39 PM  
Blogger $ said...

My memory is slightly different...but I'll go with your version...

Good work with the chicks though...that was smooth.

Congrats on winning Paga.

S

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home